Announcement on the Nox Discord Server by dennwc
Hi everyone! On behalf of the whole team, I’m proud to announce the new Nox build that was in the works for a past few months. It’s based on the version running at playnox.xyz, but extended with a new features and bug fixes. You can think of it as Nox Reloaded 2.0! Download (1.8.0)
You can now support OpenNox directly via Patreon!
- High-resolution support (up to 4K)! You’ll need to run opennox-hd.exe for it.
- A lot faster OpenGL-based rendering (partially offloaded to GPU).
- Automated end-to-end testing mode, see opennox-e2e for details.
- Simple HTTP-based Server API for controlling game servers.
- Allow disabling image smoothing in the video options.
- Allow enabling image stretching in the video options.
- Add cheat charm.all to charm any creature (including humanoids).
- Other minor optimizations.
- Bug with creatures being “deaf” (not reacting to footsteps, etc).
- Banish of captured creatures (like vampire bats) leading to scripts being stuck.
- Properly forward ports when server port is changed via a flag.
- Nox Reloaded failing to join OpenNox Quest games.
- LUA scripts when reloading the same map from the console.
- Error when manually saving player in online games.
- OpenNox changing user.rul file permissions.
- Properly show the last character in long server names.
- Disabling soft shadows via -soft flag.
- Multiple crashes for both solo and multiplayer.
– Completely reworked input and present pipelines.
– Manual spell casting. Bind keys to individual spell gestures and become a real wizard/conjurer!
– Gamma and mouse sensitivity sliders were added to the options menu.
– Wide-screen 16:9 resolutions are now available. Older 4:3 resolutions are still supported via config.
– Added key bindings for:
+ Switching to a specific spell slot.
+ Switching to a specific trap slot.
+ Dropping a trap from your inventory.
+ Controlling spawned creature behavior.
+ Accepting item buy/sell/drop.
– Fix: Input sensitivity should now work correctly in fullscreen mode.
– Fix: Gamma setting in the config is now respected.
– Fix: Stretched video setting in the config is now respected.
– Breaking change: set allow.all was renamed to cheat equip.all, set mana/health was renamed to cheat mana/health
– We now have a (bare-bones) Windows installer. OpenNox can now work from a separate folder.
– Automatically detect Nox game. Supports Origin, GoG and Nox Reloaded.
– Keep 4:3 aspect ratio when resizing game window. No more stretched images.
– Toggle fullscreen mode with Alt+Enter.
set health and
set mana cheats.
set allow.all cheat to remove item class restrictions.
– Allow customising
gamedata.bin values without encoding it. See
– LUA now supports trigger events as well as player join/leave events.
– Fix: Detonate traps spell will no longer freeze the game.
– Fix: Fullscreen mode will now be saved correctly.
– Fix: Warriors should now be able to scroll weapons with mouse wheel in multiplayer as well.
– Automatically open/forward ports when hosting a game (no need to configure firewall).
– Fixed the bug that prevented warriors from scrolling weapons with mouse wheel.
– Blazing-fast map downloads. Both client and the server should use this version.
– Experimental support for LUA map scripts.
– Maps will now be transferred with other related files when possible (
– Native SDL and OpenAL support (no workarounds required for Win10, streaming, etc).
– Builtin XWIS integration. No need for account in order to host or join games.
– More Nox Quest options (skip levels, keep portal forever, etc).
– Native Linux build (no Wine).
– Experimental gamepad support.
– Dedicated “headless” server.